Skip to main content

Lee Hi Full Comeback Interviews



Full Interviews:

About the Title Track:
     -Before the lyrics were written, this was a song I've wanted to try (Inspired by Han Young Ae's, Is Anybody There?). But while writing the lyrics, that's when the feeling of wanting to really try this came. Actually it started off as a really trendy song and after hearing the guide I thought "How will I write lyrics to this?" There were also opinions of putting a Sijp (three line Korean poem) in it. 

About choosing the Title Track:
     -I've recorded a lot of songs but this was probably the most memorable one. Rather than it being in the album later (than the rest), we listened to it again and we thought it was the most memorable so that why it was chosen as the title song. 

About coming back after a long time:
     -It's my first album after a long time and I think a lot of people are curious about how I grew. So I thought since it would be nice to show an honest and mature side of me, there were a lot of ideas to what to name the album. Since I came from an audition program, a lot of people knew me since I was young so I wanted to naturally show how I grew up. 
     Since I started very young, I used to think I had such an adult-like voice for someone so young, so because of that I would not have grown up to be a singer who matches any song I sing. 

About why it took too long to release an album:
     -I kept on recording. There were a lot of songs that were recorded, but no song fit the title track. I think it took a long time to find the title track.

About the album:
     -Every time I make an album I think about "how do I show them that I'm different now that I've aged?" but if I have regrets while recording songs I think "this is an experience, you shouldn't have any regrets."

About releasing the feelings she feels at 24:
     - I think it's an age where I have to be free in some parts and be responsible in others. As there are more areas where you can decide for yourself than when you were in your teens, freedom increases and the responsibility towards your actions also increases. I also wanted to take responsibility for this album. As you asked a lot of questions about this album, I feel more responsible for it. 

About featuring B.I:
     -We're in the same company so we had a chance to work together and he helped write in some of the songs so naturally he was featured in it. We were working together when we received the guide track and it was good so we started writing. 

About the Title Track:
     -It's about loneliness. Like the feeling of whatever you do, you're lonely. When I'm staying still (doing nothing), I keep trying to do something because I'm lonely. I used to just stay at home but these days I meet up with friends and my Mom gives me a lot of strength. I did a a lot of things with AKMU's Suhyun during my break since she lives so close to me, and so is our studio. We had fun and ate a lot. Yesterday at 10PM I called Chanhyuk to congratulate him but he told me "I want to congratulate you on your comeback but since I'm still trying to adapt to ordinary life, I got so sleepy so I couldn't meet you." It was so funny. 

Lee Hi: It's been so long so I'm worried. Actually I just realized a few days ago that I feel worried a lot now than I was preparing the album. 

About her long hiatus:
     - I kept thinking about wanting to sing. I think it was harder waiting for my last album (Seoulite). It was hard preparing for my last album I think this time I'm more relaxed. 

About the album:
     -Rather than releasing an album because I'm in a hurry to release one, I just did it comfortably so I could be able to sing well on it. 

On her self-written, self-composed song:
     - It will showcase her low and medium-pitched vocals added to sexy acoustic guitar riffs and minimal piano sound. It expresses the women's delicate emotions in a chic way.
     - I wrote the lyrics and composed the song. I read books and watched movies but I still couldn't write the lyrics well. I tried putting my feelings into the lyrics.
     - It's expressing to someone that you've been tired of them since 20 minutes ago. It's reality. It's experience. It's like writing in my diary, I write the lyrics on a notepad. Strangely, even after reading books or watching movies, the feeling won't come so I tried to write as honest as I can.

About YG's dating ban:
     -I heard about it before but didn't ask if it's valid until now. If it still is, then I'll just be careful.

About the story behind the lyrics:
     -It's an old story. It's not recent experience. It's already over, ,just like the lyrics.

Lee Hi to her fans:
     -Thank you for waiting for me, I'll repay you with good songs. Thank you, I'm sorry and I love you, I'll see you guys for a long time.

SegyeIlbo
About her comeback:
     -I can remember many comments from fans saying "Are you sure?" "It's feels like something is off." Even people around me said that. I think that happens but I tried to keep my mind at ease.

About her break:
     -I've been doing normal stuff. I've been recording songs, I've been sewing beads, I did a lot of hobbies. I've improved my ability to organize and decorate since I've been spending a lot of time alone at home."

About YG's current status:
     -Aside from that, I have no worries because I have fans that are waiting for me and people who have waited for my music.

PLEASE CREDIT WHEN REPOSTING
trans: @kstlkn

Comments